Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Art of Mark Merrill featured at Community Trust Bank




 



Stop by sometime during the month of November to the Community Trust Bank and enjoy the art of Mark Merrill. The bank is located at 1350 E 70th St, Shreveport, LA






About Mark-
My work is all created paintings in my own studio using bold strokes and primary colors to develop highly graphic themes of color and movement. I work mainly with acrylics painted on canvas, canvas board, Masonite board, or paper. I do paint with oils however at the present time acrylics are my first choice.

After following a successful career as a businessman I started late as a self-taught painter. I rarely use pictures as a guide but rather I paint from memory and feelings of the moment. My main concerns are colors, shape, technique, proportion and most importantly, the relationships to color and movement. My first juried art show was “The Main Street Art Festival” in April 2004.





No comments:

Post a Comment