Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

COMMUNITY FOUNDATION’s COMMUNITY CENTRAL GALLERY

The Bossier Arts Council is excited to be participating in the
Community Foundation's Community Central Gallery located in the
Louisiana Towers at 401 Edwards Street in Shreveport
 
Featured Artist :
Jaime Johnson

 
 
When asked when Jaime decided to become a photographer she replied,
"At 16 I left home to study at the Mississippi School for Math and Science, a two year residential boarding school. At this time, I also got my first camera from my dad, thanks to fluke on the Internet.  The website had a deal:  “save 300 dollars,” essentially the price of the camera.  The order went through though the website took down the offer quickly.  Making images was a constant for me from then onward.  MSMS introduced me to the arts when I took taking painting there and I knew my future would involve working with images in some way.  Studying at Ole Miss for my undergraduate degree. I thought it was a practical route to study Graphic Design. I was in a photo imaging elective during the time the photography professor Brooke White was starting up the Imaging Arts program, which includes photography and video and my switch into that program was instant!  By the time I made it to the end of my BFA degree and knew it was only beginning, which led me to the MFA Photography program at Louisiana Tech.  I am in my last year in the program now and find myself realizing yet again, this is only the beginning!"

 
Jaime's work will hang from September-November

No comments:

Post a Comment