Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Emerging Artist Gallery Featuring, Whitney Caskey





   The
   Art
   Of   Whitney Caskey
 
“My artwork is like Neverland for me. As a young child, I was always drawn to stories and reading as opposed to actually communicating with the outside world. Books were a way of going infinite places while being confined to a very small town. They were a way of escaping reality and all of its limitations. Anything is possible in a story. Gravity can be reversed with the mere flick of a wrist. A simple picture frame can become a portal into another dimension. Trolls, witches, evil queens and ghosts exist. Good can always triumph over evil.



“I tend to place myself in these scenes created, much like a reader places themselves in any story they read. I choose the props, wardrobe, hair, and makeup very carefully. I choose to print the images large scale, big enough so that the viewer could literally enter these make believe worlds. There is no greater tragedy than the loss of one’s childlike sense of imagination. This is what I aim to keep alive through my works, both my own and my viewers’. No one should be forced to grow up.” - Whitney Caskey 



The art of Whitney Caskey will be in BAC's Emerging Artist Gallery, 630 Barksdale Blvd., From July 17-August 17.  The East Bank Gallery is open from 11am-6pm Tuesday through Saturday

1 comment:

  1. PassTheWheel com offers drivers permit test help for the official learners license written knowledge test Practice sample test questions answers in Ontario, British Columbia ICBC , Alberta California DMV click here Ontario G1 Practice Written Test

    ReplyDelete