Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

BAC’s Emerging Artist Gallery to present Robert Smith



Life is Good by Robert Smith

The Bossier Arts Council Emerging Artist Gallery is thrilled to announce an exhibition of Robert Smith.  His work will be on display at the gallery from January 3rd to February 1st and will feature a variety of mediums and subjects.   

Robert is a self taught artist who started his artistic career at the age of four. When asked about his creative process Robert answered “I paint for the sheer joy of creating something where there was nothing.  At this point in my career, I paint only that which I wish to paint.  That is to say, I paint for the color, reflections, shadows and refractions that catch my eye.” 

The East Bank Gallery is a project of the Bossier Arts Council is committed to promoting art work of regional artists.  It is located in BAC headquarters at 630 Barksdale Blvd. right off of I-20.  You can visit the gallery Tuesday-Saturday from 11:00am-6:00pm or by appointment. 

For more information about Robert Smith or the Bossier Arts Council feel free to call us at 741-8310 or visit our website at http://www.bossierarts.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment