Search This Blog

Friday, September 21, 2012

The Little Brush that Could-Week 11

Leah is my best friend. We met in middle school and have been inseparable ever since. When my daughter was born, Leah instantly became her second mother. She was the one that bought all the loud toys and the play-dough and all the new things that I was afraid of as a new mom. ( I was a little more high strung in those days). On my daughter's first birthday, Leah bought her this box of finger-paint and it scared the crap out of me. You know... all of those.."what if she eats it???" and "how will I get it out her clothes???". Looking back now it really was ridiculous to be scared of a little box of finger-paint. I am so grateful that I opened that little box. From creating a calender with monthly foot prints to Christmas ornaments, that was one of the best presents that we ever received. It opened a door for us to explore new ways of creating something together and I learned that messy is more fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment