Search This Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Emerging Artist Gallery Presents



The Bossier Arts Council Emerging Artist Gallery is thrilled to announce an exhibition of artwork by regional artist Steve Zihlavsky.  His show “Omnicyclomentopoeia” will feature a variety of styles and subject matters.  His works will be on display throughout the month of September.

Zihlavsky a regional artist works in mixed media to create abstract creations.  When asked about his work and upcoming exhibition he responded  “As my skin wrinkles I'm endeavoring to learn more than ever from every artist and everyone I encounter and absorb new knowledge, skills and ideas to augment my current library.  I want “no boundaries” in my creative process, but until then I will widen my range and push for spectators to not be amused, but, rather puzzled, surprised, confused, tickled or anything other than amused.  More importantly, I hope to broaden the scope of thinking, for children especially, in every aspect of life; to step outside the cone of societal thought and ponder in ways more like the plastic amorphous brainscape all of us had in youth did.

The Emerging Artist Gallery is a project of the Bossier Arts Council and is committed to promoting art work of regional artists.  It is located in BAC headquarters at 630 Barksdale Blvd. right off of I-20.  You can visit the gallery Tuesday-Saturday from 11:00am-6:00pm or by appointment. 

For more information about Steve Zihlavsky or the Bossier Arts Council feel free to call us at 741-8310 or visit our website at http://www.bossierarts.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment