Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Art Opening This SATURDAY!!


You're invited to an opening reception on Saturday, August 11th from 4-5:30pm featuring artist Pascual Alvardo in the East Bank Gallery and artist Neecee Blackwell in the Emerging Artist Gallery.  So be sure to join us at the Bossier Arts Council, 630 Barksdale Blvd., we are located right off I-20 in Bossier City.

Alvarado paints vivid oils of flowers and cottage scenes.  The bright nature of the work is anything but your typical domestic scenes.  When asked about himself and his work Alvarado responded "I am from the state of Zacatecas, Mexico and come from a large and humble family with no formal education.  I was the only one in my family who loved art.  As a child art really grabbed me.  I go the opportunity to come to Louisiana when I was 16 years old.  Through the y ears I have continued to develop my passion for art.  I met my wife, Yolanda, and we started a family.  We have five children: Yasahira, Elian, Agustin, Randy, and Shahia.  Everything I draw comes from my mind and heart, and more than anything, my mother Tereza encourages me."

Blackwell is a 3rd year Louisiana Tech University Fine Arts major who works in a variety of mediums including photography, oil, and charcoal.  When asked about her work she responded "As long as I can remember, I have always drawn and painted.  While drawing, I began to study light and its effects on my subjects.  Light play and textures intrigue me and I try to render that which is pleasing to my eye.  I attempt to recreate the visual beauty around us - nature, the human body, creatures.  To me, the world is magnificent visual feast, beauty is everywhere.  When I see beauty, I attempt to capture it, appreciate it, and revel in it.  These are very creative and freeing moments for me.  I hope my art will have the same affect on viewers."

To Bossier Arts Council is dedicated to promoting, supporting, and providing cultural events and programming in order to enhance the quality of life and to develop a cultural identity for Bossier Parish.

We are open Tuesday-Saturday 11am-6pm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment