Saturdays with James.
Today I want to talk about why you should volunteer for Bossier Arts Council’s Annual Digifest South 2012. One of the main reasons is because it is fun. You will meet all kinds of people with creative minds and might be able to strike up some pretty interesting conversations. It will also make you feel good because you are helping out the community in one way or another.
There will be many different ways for you to help with by volunteering for Digifest South 2012. Below are just a few examples:
· One way is the Front Desk. Here you will help check people into the event. Another area of concentration is serving as a greeter and guide. You will be at one of the main doors of either Hall A or B and greeting people and guiding people to their specific area they ask for.
· There will also be Floating volunteers who will be assigned to help wherever they are needed.
· The Art exhibit will needs volunteers for check in, hanging up the art, and taking down of the art at the end of the event.
· The Game Jam will need volunteers to help who are computer savvy.
· The Tedx and Phenom Film Festival Hallway will have greeters at the doors and a volunteer checking for Bracelets for the Phenom Film Festival because those individuals are paying a little bit more to get in.
For every Saturday up until Digifest starts, which is September 7th-9th, I will be going more into depth about each of these areas where volunteers will be needed.
If you are interested in learning more about volunteering for DigiFest, Bossier Arts Council, or any of our upcoming events you can email me (James) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 741-8310.