Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Emerging Gallery to Present Neecee Blackwell


The Bossier Arts Council Emerging Artist Gallery is thrilled to announce an exhibition of artwork by regional artist Neecee Blackwell.  Her show “Random Acts of Artwork” will feature a variety of styles and subject matters.  Her works will be on display throughout the month of August.

Blackwell is 3rd year Louisiana Tech University Fine Arts major who works in a variety of mediums including photography, oil, and charcoal.  When asked about her work she responded “As long as I can remember, I have always drawn and painted.  While drawing, I began to study light and its effects on my subjects.  Light play and textures intrigue me and I try to render that which is pleasing to my eye.  I attempt to recreate the visual beauty around us – nature, the human body, creatures.  To me, the world is magnificent visual feast, beauty is everywhere.  When I see this beauty, I attempt to capture it, appreciate it and revel in it.  These are very creative and freeing moments for me.  I hope my art will have the same affect on viewers.”

The Emerging Artist Gallery is a project of the Bossier Arts Council and is committed to promoting art work of regional artists.  It is located in BAC headquarters at 630 Barksdale Blvd.  right off of I-20.  You can visit the gallery Tuesday-Saturday from 11:00am-6:00pm or by appointment.

For more information about Neecee Blackwell or the Bossier Arts Council feel free to call us at 741-8310 or visit our website at http://www.bossierarts.org/.  

No comments:

Post a Comment