Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Emerging Artist Gallery presents Hannah May Roark


The Bossier Arts Council Emerging Artist Gallery is thrilled to announce an exhibition of artwork by regional artist Hannah May Roark. Her works will be on display throughout the month of July.


Roark’s paintings are subdued and intriguing portraits and oddly explored still life’s that engage the viewer. When asked about herself and her works she responded “I am a 31 year-old visual artist currently working in the film industry. Growing up in Mansfiled, Louisiana, I though making a viable living as an artist was as unattainable as a dream. I’ve had the great good luck to be taught by my mother, Helen May, a gifted artist, and many educators who encouraged me to make opportunities where none were apparent. Since those days I’ve worked as a caricaturist in Chicago and many cities in eastern United States, a scenic painter for theatrical productions, and a props assistant on film projects throughout the south. My husband and I now share a home with our four cats in the Highland neighborhood of Shreveport, Louisiana, where I hope we can become a part of the Shreveport/Bossier’s vibrant artistic community.”


The Emerging Artist Gallery is a project of the Bossier Arts Council is committed to promoting art work of regional artists. It is located in BAC headquarters at 630 Barksdale Blvd. right off of I-20. You can visit the gallery Tuesday-Saturday from 11:00am-6:00pm or by appointment.

1 comment: