Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2012

East Bank Gallery to present Pascual Alvarado


The Bossier Arts Council East Bank Gallery is thrilled to announce an exhibition of artwork by regional artist Pascual Alvarado. His works will be on display at the gallery from July 17th to August 24th.

Alvarado paints vivid oils of flowers and cottage scenes. The bright nature of the work is anything but your typical domestic scenes. When asked about himself and his work Alvarado responded “I am from the state of Zacatecas, Mexico and come from a large and humble family with no formal education. I was the only one in my family who loved art. As a child art really grabbed me. I got the opportunity to come Louisiana when I was 16 years old. Through the years I have continued to develop my passion for art. I met my wife, Yolanda, and we started a family. We have 5 children: Yasahira, Elian, Agustin, Randy, and Shahia. Everything I draw comes from my mind and heart, and more than anything, my mother Tereza encourages me.”

A reception will be held for Alvarado on Saturday, August 11 from 4:00-6:00pm.  We invite everyone to stop by and meet the artist and enjoy some refreshments provided by the Bossier Arts Council.  

The East Bank Gallery is a project of the Bossier Arts Council and is committed to promoting the art work of regional artists.  BAC's headquarters are located at 630 Barksdale Blvd. right off or I-20.  You can visit the gallery Tuesday-Saturday from 11:00am-6:00pm or by appointment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment