Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Business of Art - Introduction


“Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of art.” - Andy Warhol 

Hi!  My name is Steven Belk and I am the Business Manager of the Bossier Arts Council (BAC).  I am a Shreveport native and have been at BAC since January 2010.

I have always had a passion for the arts because of its ability to evoke emotion unique to each individual that it reaches. I have been involved in the arts from a very early age and have had many life changing experiences because of it. I am a graduate of Centenary College with a concentration in Finance. While at Centenary, I was given the opportunity to travel to some of the world’s most beautiful places and experience their art and culture. I feel it is because of those experiences that I truly enjoy working with the creative people in this area and helping them on their creative journeys.

 During my time at the BAC, I have noticed a common question from artists; “What do I do after I create my artwork?”. It is my goal with these posts to answer this question through my experience in the business world.

If you have a specific question that you would like to see answered please leave it in the comment section and I will answer it in a later post!

No comments:

Post a Comment