Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

Hello...

Hello.  My name is Leigh Anne Chambers and I am the new Executive Director of the Bossier Arts Council (BAC).  I would like to say that I am thrilled to be part of this amazing organization.

I will be moving to Bossier in August and am looking forward to making it home.  Both my husband (pictured left) and I are thrilled to beginning the newest stage of our life in such an exciting place.  I completed my Master of Arts from Louisiana Tech University in 2009 and for the past three years have served as the Executive Director of the North Central Louisiana Arts Council in Ruston, LA.

I have always been involved in the arts; I performed in my first play at four and have never looked back.  I have first hand knowledge of the positive impact the arts can have on a community but more importantly I have seen the negative impact the lack of it can leave.  I believe in the mission and programs of the Arts Council.  Most importantly, I have already seen the overwhelming support BAC has from city, parish, corporations, and individuals and it makes me know that this will be a wonderful place to start a new beginning.

It's because of those reasons that I am committed to what the Bossier Arts Council does and am eager to be part of where we are going.

“How a community supports the arts provides insight into how the community views itself.”
-          James E. Rogers.

5 comments:

  1. Bossier Arts Council is so lucky to have you on board. Our loss is their gain. Marlen Waters, Ruston Artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Leigh Anne and good luck! BAC has a real gem in you!
    Carol Beeman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh, you have done so many wonderful things for NCLAC and for the Dixie Center for the Arts; you will truly be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Leigh Anne! You are a tremendous asset to any community you become a part of and continue to give long after you leave. A truly generous and inspiring person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leigh Anne, I so enjoyed seeing you at the Dixie, and truly appreciate all that you did for
    NCLAC and for Ruston.

    ReplyDelete